Colony Capital (NYSE: CLNY) today announced the company is returning to its Digital Bridge roots with a corporate re-branding of the group to DigitalBridge, effective June 22, 2021. Digital Colony, the company’s private equity vehicle, will also change its name to operate under the DigitalBridge brand.
Additionally, Colony Capital’s corporate name will be changed to DigitalBridge Group, Inc. Finally, the company will begin trading under the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) ticker symbol, DBRG, as of June 22, 2021.
DigitalBridge (Colony Capital) Evolves from Digital Bridge Holdings
Colony Capital’s “new” name, DigitalBridge, re-establishes its original Digital Bridge moniker, prior to its sale in 2019. Indeed, in July 2019, Colony Capital acquired Digital Bridge Holdings for $325m.
At the time, Digital Bridge had $14bn of assets under management (AUM), of which $7bn was fee earning equity under management (FEEUM). Digital Bridge’s investments were made across six separately capitalized and managed portfolio companies.
DigitalBridge (Colony Capital) – Legacy Companies
Below are the six legacy Digital Bridge companies, as of year-end 2020, which Colony Capital still owns a stake in:
- Mexico Telecom Partners (MTP): towers investment made in 2013 (read more). Overall, the company has 2.4k active sites and 5.1k total sites, including those with management rights, across Mexico
- Vertical Bridge: towers investment made in 2014 (read more). Overall, the company has 7.0k active sites and 310k total sites, including those with management rights, in the United States
- ExteNet Systems: small cells investment made in 2015 (read more). Overall, the company owns 33.1k small cell & DAS nodes, 420 networks, and 3.6k fiber route miles
- Andean Telecom Partners: towers investment made in 2016 and 2017 (read more). Overall, the company has 3.0k active sites and 39.0k total sites, including those with management rights, across Chile, Colombia, and Peru
- DataBank: enterprise data centers investment made in 2016 (read more). Overall, the company operates 64 data centers, representing 138 megawatts of power capacity
- Vantage Data Centers: hyperscale data centers investment made in 2017 (read more). Overall, the company operates 12 data centers, representing 150 megawatts of power capacity. Additionally, Vantage has further data centers under development
In addition to Colony Capital’s legacy Digital Bridge companies, the firm currently manages two digital infrastructure private equity funds. Namely, these are Digital Colony Partners I and Digital Colony Partners II, which will soon invest capital under the DigitalBridge brand.
Digital Colony Partners I – Portfolio Companies
Below we list the 10 portfolio companies from Colony Capital’s first flagship private equity fund, Digital Colony Partners I:
- Towers: Highline do Brasil, Digita Oy, Andean Telecom Partners (alongside Digital Bridge)
- Data Centers: Vantage Europe, Scala Data Centers, Aptum Technologies
- Fiber: Zayo Group, Beanfield Metroconnect
- Small Cells, DAS & Other: Freshwave Group, Wildstone
Digital Colony Partners II – Portfolio Companies
Below we list 6 out of the 7 publicly-announced portfolio companies that Colony Capital’s second flagship private equity fund, Digital Colony Partners II, has invested in to-date: