Learning Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a clear, complete, practical, and hands-on introduction to the world’s leading cloud platform — a perfect resource for everyone who needs to understand AWS, whatever their previous IT background.
Top cloud trainer and evangelist Mark Wilkins covers all you need to know to succeed with AWS, introducing each key concept in the context of a book-length case study. He teaches best practices that fully align with Amazon’s Well Architected Framework, the basis of all AWS certifications — making this guide a valuable learning tool for those seeking to demonstrate their expertise by pursuing formal certification.
- What AWS is, how it has evolved, and how it can help you
- Foundation Core Services: compute, network, storage, and databases
- Implementing AWS Compute Services and EC2 instances (and understanding their pricing)
- Enforcing AWS security, compliance, and control
- Leveraging AWS Networking Services, including VPC, CIDR, DHCP, NAT, Internet gateways, endpoints, and VPNs
- Utilizing AWS cloud storage and databases
- Efficiently administering and managing AWS
Author: Mark Wilkins
Paperback: 448 pages